READ: Quick fire round with A Guy Called Gerald
As we’re now just a few days away from the biggest Moondance to date, we caught a quick 5 minutes with A Guy Called Gerald to find out where he’s at ahead of his Evolution of Dance Music set on the main-stage this Sunday.
1. Fondest memory of early rave culture?
Going to Chicago’s DJ International gig at the Hacienda in about 1986 – there was 30 people there but the music they did inspired so many.
2. What is your favourite source of inspiration?
Dancers and dancing.
3. Where in recent times has left a big impression on you?
A trip out into the desert outside Dubai with the Analogue Room crew. You could feel the space and the quietness. It was incredible.
4. What’s the best thing you’ve discovered this year?
The new Roland Boutique TR-09 and the TB-03 machines.
5. What never fails to make you laugh?
6. Any projects you’re currently working on?
An ambient bass massage system using live low frequency oscillation for small groups of people and my live show which is an ongoing project. There are some limited edition vinyl releases in the pipeline as well.
Final tickets are available here.